A privacy-focused library starts with its staff. Robust privacy education for staff translates into staff that can teach users about privacy. Staff also become advocates for protecting their right to privacy in the library.
- NYC Digital Safety: Privacy & Security – Seven online training modules for library library staff. Modules feature core concepts in data privacy and online security. A three-hour training curriculum is also available.
- Data Privacy Project – Learning modules and curriculum to train library staff on:
- How information travels.
- How informations is shared online.
- What risks users commonly encounter online.
- How libraries can better protect user privacy.
- Library Freedom Institute – A free, privacy-focused, four-month program for librarians. It teaches them the skills necessary to thrive as Privacy Advocates. Examples of training range from educating community members to influencing public policy.