The Choose Privacy Week Program Guide gives librarians the information and resources they need to implement programs on privacy in their public, school, academic, and other libraries. The guide contains activities, events, and other suggestions for educating and engaging library users on privacy issues. It is the key resource for any library wishing to participate in Choose Privacy Week.
Download the complete guide or individual sections for free. A print edition is also available for purchase through the ALA Store.
- Table of Contents [pdf]
- Contributors [pdf]
- Introduction [pdf] Why Privacy Matters; Youth and Privacy; Privacy and Social Networking; Advocating for a Revolution
- Outreach to Patrons and the Public [pdf] Civic Engagement; Sample Handout for Civic Engagement; Town Hall Meetings
- Programming Guide and Activities [pdf] Public Programming Best Practices; Public Libraries; Academic Libraries; School Libraries
- Contacts and Resources [pdf] Checklist and Timeline; Suggested Speakers; Media Assistance and Contacts; Promotional Materials
- Annotated Bibliography [pdf]
School library lessons from the Choose Privacy Week Program Guide are now freely available for download! Click here to download a PDF containing four sample lesson plans: for grades K-2, grades 3-5, grades 6-8, and grades 9-12.