Educate yourself on how libraries can protect the privacy of online users.
Librarians and library workers can be the privacy experts in their communities.
- Tools to Protect User Privacy
- Technologies and practices users can employ to protect their online privacy.
- Guidelines & Checklists for Libraries
- Privacy guidelines, checklists, and other resources to assist librarians, libraries, schools and vendors develop best practices for online privacy.
- Sample Policies & Documents
- Samples of privacy policies and other documents to give you ideas on how to get started.
- HTTPS & Let’s Encrypt
- Resources on using HTTPS and Let’s Encrypt on library websites and servers.
- Students & Minors
- Selected resources on students’ and minors’ privacy including federal laws, scholarly articles, standards and principles, news and viewpoints, and legislative outlook.
- Presentations & Webinars
- Recent presentations and webinars on privacy and libraries.
- Privacy Training & Education for Librarians
- Privacy curricula and training resources on privacy and libraries.
Check out the Programs section of this website for information about hosting events and activities to raise awareness and engage library users on privacy issues.